Care Packages are FUN – both to send and to receive. And, I think they’re even more fun when they come in a decorated box. (=
The boys and I put together a Harry Potter Care Package for a cousin, and I thought making the box look like Platform 9 3/4 would be super fun!
The box was pretty easy to make too, just follow these easy steps:
- Start with a flat box – it is MUCH easier to draw on a flat box!
- Pick the best looking side and draw a large 9 3/4 in silver sharpie. Outline it in black sharpie.
- Get a yard stick, or other long straight edge, and draw horizontal lines with a white crayon.
- Draw staggered-placement vertical lines with the white crayon to create the pattern of a brick wall.
- Pick 3-4 red and brown crayon colors to color in the bricks. Break the crayons in half and remove their wrappers so you can use the side of the crayon for faster coloring.
- Alternate crayons when coloring in the bricks.
Note: You might want to be watching a Harry Potter movie, or listening to music, when you do the coloring. It probably took me about an hour to finish this box.